Access to Educational Options for Students of All Means
Providing valuable high-quality education options for low-income students through privately funded scholarship programs.
Tax-credit scholarships are one of the fastest growing school choice programs. These programs incentivize individuals and businesses to donate to nonprofit organizations that provide tuition scholarships to eligible students. When making donations, donors receive a tax credit from the state—often a 100 percent, dollar-for-dollar credit. Through this process, tax-credit scholarship programs use entirely private funds to offer private school scholarships to families.
Today, there are 21 such programs operating across the country, with the majority designed specifically to help low-income students access high-quality education options. A growing body of research shows that these programs are effective at boosting the academic results of participating students and students who remain in public schools, provide participating students with long-term results like college attendance, and save money for state and local taxpayers.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of tax-credit scholarship programs in states as a way for parents to select the best schools to meet their children’s needs.
Recent Tax-Credit Scholarships News and Blogs
- #AskExcelinEd: What does National School Choice Week mean to you?
- Four Takeaways from Florida’s Legislative Meeting on K-12 Scholarship Programs
- Pennsylvania Budget Package Puts Students First
- 2017 National Summit to Feature “Real Faces of Education Choice” Session
- National “Choices in Education” Video Contest Invites Families to Share Their Stories
- School Choice Update
- Education Opportunity: A Look at 3 Life-Changing Programs for Florida Students
- Florida Tax Credit Scholarships Send More Students to College, Save Taxpayers Money
- Gov. Jeb Bush: Power of Educational Opportunity Will Help Illinois’ Families
- Governor Edwards Signs Bill Strengthening Scholarship Program for Low Income Students