High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools open to all students and held to state academic and financial standards. Unlike traditional public schools, however, charter schools are run independently of school districts and, instead, operate under a performance contract with an authorizer (a district, the state, or another approved entity). In exchange for more operational autonomy, charter schools are held accountable for student success.
ExcelinEd partners with states to promote the expansion of high-quality charter schools to help ensure every parent has access to an effective school that meets their child’s unique needs.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- #AskExcelinEd: What does National School Choice Week mean to you?
- Let’s Ask the Right Question
- Public School Choice Works, Creates Opportunity
- Yes, and…A Review of the “Progressive Case for Charter Schools”
- 2017 National Summit to Feature “Real Faces of Education Choice” Session
- National “Choices in Education” Video Contest Invites Families to Share Their Stories
- School Choice Update
- Champions for Charter Schools in Kentucky Celebrate New Options for Parents, Students
- 2017 National Summit to Feature Four Sessions on Opportunity & Choice in Education
- A Public Charter School Helped Improve My Daughter’s Reading Skills and Instill a Love of Learning