High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools open to all students and held to state academic and financial standards. Unlike traditional public schools, however, charter schools are run independently of school districts and, instead, operate under a performance contract with an authorizer (a district, the state, or another approved entity). In exchange for more operational autonomy, charter schools are held accountable for student success.
ExcelinEd partners with states to promote the expansion of high-quality charter schools to help ensure every parent has access to an effective school that meets their child’s unique needs.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- Three Families Share Their Stories on World Down Syndrome Day
- Landmark Decision Validates Louisiana’s Charter Schools
- Public Charter Schools are serving more students with disabilities than ever before
- Landmark Decision Validates Mississippi’s Charter Schools
- #AskExcelinEd: Why is School Choice Good for Teachers?
- Gov. Jeb Bush Congratulates “Choices in Education” Video Contest Winner from Miami
- #AskExcelinEd: How does charter school policy give parents the power to create their own school choice?
- Congratulations to the #ChoicesInEd Video Competition Winners
- Winners Announced for the National “Choices in Education” Video Contest
- #AskExcelinEd: What does National School Choice Week mean to you?