High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- That’s a Wrap! Our Final #AskExcelinEd Summer Learning Series Post
- As Education Evolves
- ¿Cómo se dice “educational opportunity?”
- JUST RELEASED: #EIE18 Keynote & General Session Speakers
- A Mother’s Crusade: My Special-Needs Daughter Is Thriving in a School Committed to Inclusion. I’m Fighting So More Kids Have That Chance
- #AskExcelinEd: Why I work to give all students the same educational opportunity I had
- #AskExcelinEd: Why I Believe Education Can Change the World
- #AskExcelinEd: What Inspires Me to Work for Students
- #AskExcelinEd: What I’m Reading and Listening to This Summer
- #AskExcelinEd: My Summer Learning Recommendations