High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- Dubarry Determined: A Charter School’s Role in Revitalizing a Community
- U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Top Public High Schools: By the Numbers
- Growing Charter Schools Through Federal Opportunity Zones
- #AskExcelinEd – Why do people start public charter schools?
- Charter Schools and the American Experience
- Charter School Alumnus: Education Should Be About Children and Their Families
- Successes of Public Charter School Students, Educators Celebrated During National Charter Schools Week
- Giving My Son What I Never Had – A Choice – At a Charter School
- ExcelinEd Applauds Arizona on Student-Centered Budget
- When Life-Giving Solutions Aren’t Enough