High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- #AskExcelinEd: What Inspires Me to Work for Students
- #AskExcelinEd: What I’m Reading and Listening to This Summer
- #AskExcelinEd: My Summer Learning Recommendations
- #AskExcelinEd: Why I care about education policy
- New Research Asks, “What do parents want from education?”
- Sam Duell Featured on the Texas Public Policy Foundation’s Weekly Podcast
- #AskExcelinEd: How can we reclaim the potential of Texas public charter schools?
- New case study answers questions on public charter school growth
- Bipartisan Agreement Still Exists
- Don’t Be Distracted by Politics