High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- Celebrating National Special Education Day
- #AskExcelinEd: What’s Happening at #EIE19?
- #EIE19: Sessions on Educational Opportunities
- #Fact Friday: Back to School with Choice
- #AskExcelinEd: Back to School (Choice) 101
- Charter Schools and Segregation: More Context
- Statement by Patricia Levesque on Signing of Ohio’s Comprehensive Education Budget
- The Quiet Charter School Cap
- #FactFriday: 65 years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court declared segregation in public schools unconstitutional
- 65 Years After Brown v. Board, This New Charter School Is Integrating Students