High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- Dr. Howard Fuller: Why I’m looking forward to #EIE18
- Governor Jeb Bush: Join me and leading economist Raj Chetty at #EIE18
- #AskExcelinEd: How can states address the challenges of school turnaround?
- South Carolina Policymakers Explore How to Expand Access to Quality Public Charter Schools
- Charter Schools 101
- Eva Moskowitz to be Honored at National Summit on Education Reform
- Don’t miss Eva Moskowitz at #EIE18!
- How a Public Charter School Set Me on the Path to Success in College
- #AskExcelinEd: 12 Can’t-Miss Conversations at #EIE18
- ExcelinEd’s Opportunity Learning Hub Provides Quick, Efficient Way to Learn About Educational Options