High-Quality Public School Options for Students
Meeting the unique needs of individual students, families and communities through public charter schools.
Charter schools are tuition-free public schools that have the freedom to meet the unique needs of their students. Instead of being run directly by a school district, they operate under a performance contract with a district, state or other approved entity. Public charter schools are able to have a specific focus—such as STEM education, the arts or language immersion—as well as a unique teaching style—such as project-based learning, classical education or blended learning. Public charter schools create a path for communities to solve local problems and provide families with high-quality public school alternatives.
ExcelinEd promotes the expansion of high-quality public charter schools in states to provide parents with effective public school options that best meet the needs of their child.
Recent Charter Schools News and Blogs
- Idaho Students, Teachers Receive Strong Support From Governor Little, Policymakers
- #FactFriday: Students in urban public charter schools learn more in less time
- Many Happy Returns
- #FactFriday: Only 23% of charter schools own their facilities
- Three Out of Four of Alabama Voters Want Choice in Education
- Addressing Charter School Facility Needs: Actions for States
- Alabama Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Charter School
- #AskExcelinEd: Is school choice worth the struggle?
- #AskExcelinEd: What does National School Choice Week mean to you?
- 75 Resources to Help You Transform Education in 2019