The Foundation for Excellence in Education (@ExcelinEd) is proudly participating in several National School Choice Week events this week. This annual event celebrates and raises awareness of effective education options for every child. Follow @ExcelinEd for live updates, and join the social media conversation on these and other #SCW events.
ExcelinEd’s CEO Patricia Levesque said, “A quality education can change a child’s life. Empowering all parents with the ability to choose the best school or environment for their child is the key to ensuring children receive this quality education. When parents are empowered, schools are incentivized to organize around the goal of academic success for each and every child.”
This year, an anticipated 16,000+ events will be held across the nation in support of school choice. For more information on these events and others in your area, go to SchoolChoiceWeek.com. Here are a couple highlights:
Monday, January 25
- Indiana: ExcelinEd Midwest Regional Advocacy DirectorNeil Ruddock is on hand to help celebrate school choice at the Indiana statehouse where festivities are already underway at the north atrium.
- Washington DC: The event will take place from 4 – 6:30 p.m. EST at the US Chamber of Commerce. It will also be live streamed on https://www.the74million.org.
- California: ExcelinEd West Regional Advocacy Director Tom Greene will be on hand to help celebrate school choice at 10 a.m. PST on the west steps of the California State Capitol with hundreds of school choice supporters sharing their stories.
Tuesday, January 26
- Alabama: ExcelinEd Vice President of Advocacy J. Alex Kelly and Gulf States Regional Advocacy Director Adam Thompson will be supporting event organizers as more than 3,000 attendees are expected. Event begins at 11 a.m. CST.
- Mississippi: ExcelinEd Policy Director of Choice and Impact Adam Peshek will be in the Magnolia state to join in the festivities.
- Nevada: ExcelinEd’s Tom Greene will head down to the Silver State to celebrate school choice and promote the new educational options available to parents.
Wednesday, January 27
- Georgia: ExcelinEd Southeast Regional Advocacy Director Ryan Mahoney will join in the festivities of his home state as they celebrate school choice and support every child’s right to a quality education.
Thursday, January 28
- Arkansas: ExcelinEd’s Adam Thompson will join hundreds of supporters at the Arkansas Capitol in Little Rock for a school choice rally in the morning.
Friday, January 29
- Texas: A broad coalition of supporters — including parents, teachers, students and elected officials — will celebrate National School Choice Week at the state capitol in Austin. This event is open to the public and free to attend. Beginning at 10 a.m. CST, there will be kid-friendly entertainment, guest speakers and lots of energy and enthusiasm for school choice!
Happy National School Choice Week!
Vice President of Communications
Follow @ExcelinEd for live updates, and join the social media conversation on these and other #SCW events.
More about School Choice:
- School choice removes artificial boundaries and restrictions to offer parents the power and freedom to choose the school that best meets the educational needs of their children.
- Giving parents more choices encourages new types of schools, particularly ones that focus on training students in the social and technical skills that they need to succeed in college and that employers increasingly demand.
- School choice focuses on creating the most effective education system by allowing parents more freedom over their students’ schooling options.
- Not every child learns the same way, and families should be involved in selecting the best plan for their individual student.