Flexible Path & Pace to Achieve Mastery
A student-centered approach designed to fully prepare students and ensure that they graduate with the knowledge and skills necessary for college or career.
Personalized learning tailors a student’s educational experience to meet their unique strengths, interests and needs. In addition, it provides opportunities for increased interaction with teachers and peers and higher levels of student engagement. Students are encouraged to play a greater role—and be more invested—in their learning. Coupled with flexibility in pace and delivery, personalized learning is grounded in the idea that students should progress when they demonstrate mastery of key content and skills, regardless of the time spent in class or even where instruction takes place.
ExcelinEd strives to identify and support the policies that provide local, innovative leaders with the flexibility and support they need to meet the needs of their local communities and to achieve the goals states and schools have set for their students.
Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning: Policy Solutions for States
ExcelinEd recently launched Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning: Policy Solutions for States. This new policy brief series identifies the most frequently heard issues and offers practical solutions for states to consider. Solutions will require an intentional, state level response that will send clear signals of support to educators and parents alike. Topics will include, but are not limited to higher education requirements, assessment flexibility and the effects of seat-time.
Though states may not be prepared for sweeping overhauls of these areas, we will present concrete steps to begin the transition to broader systemic changes necessary for the implementation and sustainability of innovation. As many as six briefs will be released in the coming months. You can learn more about the series on our blog, #AskExcelinEd: How Can States Transition to Student-Centered Learning?
Personalized Learning Resources
The Next Chapter in the Tale of Three States
Tale of Three States
Recent Personalized Learning News and Blogs
- 75 Resources to Help You Transform Education in 2019
- ExcelinEd’s Top 7 Blog Posts of 2018
- 5 Policy Briefs for States Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning
- Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning: Moving Beyond Seat-Time
- VIDEO: Why should you attend #EIE18? Governor Jeb Bush has the answer.
- #EIE18 Registration Closes in 7 Days!
- Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning: Evaluating Impact
- #AskExcelinEd: 12 Can’t-Miss Conversations at #EIE18
- Transitioning to Student-Centered Learning: Maximizing Assessment Flexibility Part 2
- For Policymakers, the Future of Work is Now