Flexible Path & Pace to Achieve Mastery
An innovative education model where students advance to higher levels of learning when they demonstrate mastery of concepts and skills—regardless of time, place or pace.
In an education system that promotes personalized learning for mastery, individual students progress as learning expectations are met—rather than progressing based on a predetermined curriculum schedule, seat-time or student age. Students can accelerate through concepts and skills they have mastered while receiving more time and support in other areas. This approach comprehensively rethinks the instructional model and includes fundamental changes in schedules, calendars, assessment and grading.
ExcelinEd promotes personalized learning to redesign education from a system where students advance based seat-time and passing grades to one that advances students when they are ready.
The Next Chapter in the Tale of Three States
Recent Personalized Learning News and Blogs
- More Utah Schools Can Create Classrooms of the Future
- Graduation rates are not the real scandal. High school diplomas and how they are earned are.
- Personalized Learning Policy Director Karla Phillips Featured in Education Week
- ExcelinEd Shares National Mastery-Based Education Policy Trends with Idaho Lawmakers
- Nevada Now Accepting Applications for Competency-Based Education Network
- A Tale of Three States: The Next Chapter
- What’s in a name? Describing Personalized Learning.
- What is a major policy barrier to implementing Personalized Learning?
- ExcelinEd Releases “The Path to Personalized Learning: The Next Chapter in the Tale of Three States”
- Personalized learning and accountability: From transition to transformation