Flexible Path & Pace to Achieve Mastery
An innovative education model where students advance to higher levels of learning when they demonstrate mastery of concepts and skills—regardless of time, place or pace.
In an education system that promotes personalized learning for mastery, individual students progress as learning expectations are met—rather than progressing based on a predetermined curriculum schedule, seat-time or student age. Students can accelerate through concepts and skills they have mastered while receiving more time and support in other areas. This approach comprehensively rethinks the instructional model and includes fundamental changes in schedules, calendars, assessment and grading.
ExcelinEd promotes personalized learning to redesign education from a system where students advance based seat-time and passing grades to one that advances students when they are ready.
The Next Chapter in the Tale of Three States
Recent Personalized Learning News and Blogs
- A Tale of Three States: The Next Chapter
- What’s in a name? Describing Personalized Learning.
- What is a major policy barrier to implementing Personalized Learning?
- ExcelinEd Releases “The Path to Personalized Learning: The Next Chapter in the Tale of Three States”
- Personalized learning and accountability: From transition to transformation
- A Parent’s Call to Action: Leveraging Personalized Learning for Your Child
- 2017 National Summit to Feature Three Sessions on Innovation in Education
- New Resource to Develop Leaders for Personalized Learning
- A Vision for the Future of K-3 Reading Policy: Personalized Learning for Mastery
- Nevada Joins Utah, Minnesota, North Dakota and Virginia in Creating Personalized Learning Opportunities for Students