Expanding Access and Equity
A state-level policy that provides students with expanded course offerings across learning environments from diverse, accountable providers.
Learner-centered education requires broad access to high-quality coursework. Yet too many schools and districts are unable to offer critical courses necessary for college and career readiness. For many students, lack of access now to college and career-ready coursework will translate to fewer opportunities for a well-paid job and continued future advancement. Course Access helps states to fill those gaps by creating a centralized delivery system for high-need courses from a range of high-quality providers. Schools can engage with students to provide the courses that best meet their needs and pathway goals, without being limited by geography or capacity.
ExcelinEd’s course access policy addresses college and career-ready coursework gaps through model legislation, incentives and guidance, allowing students to access an online marketplace of high-quality courses.
CRDC Analysis: Equity and Access
ExcelinEd’s report College and Career Pathways: Equity and Access identifies significant gaps in high school students’ access to college and career preparation courses. Based on ExcelinEd’s analysis of the U.S. Department of Education’s Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC), this report provides a startling look at access and equity in our nation and presents a path forward for states.
Leading in an Era of Change Series
Research & Resources
Recent Course Access News and Blogs
- 75 Resources to Help You Transform Education in 2019
- ExcelinEd’s Top 7 Blog Posts of 2018
- 2018 was filled with amazing progress. Thank you!
- VIDEO: Why should you attend #EIE18? Governor Jeb Bush has the answer.
- #EIE18 Registration Closes in 7 Days!
- ExcelinEd Releases Report Identifying Significant Course Access Gaps Nationwide
- New Report: Students Don’t Have Access to Core Courses
- #AskExcelinEd: 12 Can’t-Miss Conversations at #EIE18
- For Policymakers, the Future of Work is Now
- JUST RELEASED: #EIE18 Keynote & General Session Speakers