Our eighth annual National Summit on Education Reform (#EIE15) begins bright and early Thursday morning. Dr. Condoleezza Rice will open the National Summit with a morning keynote address at 8:45 a.m., and the fun will continue until 2:00 p.m. on Friday.
I am excited to see many of you there. But since registration is now closed, I know there will be some unable to join us. Whether or not you’ll be with us in Denver or joining virtually via our webcast, here are some links and tips to help you get the most out of this year’s summit.
Watch the Summit Webcast
This year all keynote and general sessions will be webcast live.
Be sure to share the news with your friends and colleagues so they can watch our exciting sessions as they happen. Visit ExcelinEd.org/SummitLive to watch the webcast, and check out the complete event agenda here. Please note, all session times are in Mountain Time.
Thursday, October 22, 2015
- 8:45–9:30 AM Condoleezza Rice, 66th U.S. Secretary of State and Board Chair of the Foundation for Excellence in Education
- 11:30 AM–12:45 PM Nicholas Negroponte, Founder of One Laptop per Child
- 2:45–4:00 PM Sugata Mitra, Professor of Educational Technology at Newcastle University
- 6:30–8:30 PM Arthur C. Brooks, President of the American Enterprise Institute
Friday, October 23, 2015
- 9:30–10:45 AM General Session: Faces of Reform: Why Our Actions Matter
- 12:30–2:00 PM Adam Braun, Founder of Pencils of Promise
Join the Online Conversation
We want to hear from you in the #EIE15 conversation online. First, follow @ExcelinEd on Twitter. Next, check out this helpful cheat sheet for speakers’ Twitter handles. It will help you keep up with all of this year’s summit speakers.
See you on Thursday!
About the author
Patricia Levesque @levesquepat
Patricia is the Chief Executive Officer for the Foundation for Excellence in Education. She served as Governor Jeb Bush’s deputy chief of staff for education, enterprise solutions for government, minority procurement, and business and professional regulation. Previously, Patricia served six years in the Florida Legislature in the Speakers Office and as staff director over education policy. Contact Patricia at PatriciaLevesque@excelined.org