Three years ago, Digital Learning Now and Getting Smart’s Smart Series worked with some of the best education thought leaders to offer roadmaps for transitioning to next generation models of learning.
This collection of interactive white papers has informed and inspired. The Smart Series has been widely used by policymakers, education leaders and educators. States introduced and passed legislation advancing data backpacks, blended learning programs and competency-based learning pilots.
A lot has happened in the world of digital learning since ExcelinEd’s Digital Learning Now initiative and Getting Smart released the first Smart Series paper in August 2012. So this summer, we refreshed the series and made some changes. And with the support of our original co-authors, we’re pleased to share with you the updated nine papers:
- Data Backpacks: Portable Records & Learner Profiles (Click here for the executive summary)
- The Shift from Cohorts to Competency
- Funding Students, Options and Achievement
- Improving Conditions & Careers: How Blended Learning Can Improve the Teaching Profession
- Online Learning: Myths, Reality & Promise
- Blended Learning Implementation Guide 3.0
- Smart Series Guide to EdTech Procurement
- Personalizing and Guiding College & Career Readiness (formerly: Core & More: Guiding and Personalizing College & Career Readiness)
- Using Prizes and Pull Mechanisms to Boost Learning
The updated Smart Series highlights recent resources, strategies and information to help educators and education leaders make the leap to personalized, competency-based learning.
Take a moment to explore these updated papers and to share with others. We hope the Smart Series will continue to serve as an informative tool as states develop strategies and implement policies to equip every student with a rigorous, high-quality, customized education.