ExcelinEd is pleased to announce the launch of the latest EdPolicy Leaders Online course, Mission Possible: Developing and Implementing a Comprehensive K-3 Reading Policy. Like all of our EdPolicy Leaders Online offerings, this course is free, online and self-paced.
Nearly ninety percent of students who fail to graduate high school were struggling readers in third grade. A Comprehensive K-3 Reading Policy establishes intensive reading intervention for struggling K-3 readers to help ensure they can read on grade level by the end of third grade.
This new #EdPolicyOnline course will provide participants with the tools and resources necessary to develop and implement a Comprehensive K-3 Reading Policy. The course will take a deep dive into understanding why reading by the end of third grade is critical to student success, studying supporting research and exploring effective implementation practices.
Examples of questions addressed in this course:
- Why is it critical to read by the end of 3rd grade?
- What is the importance of having a Comprehensive K-3 Reading Policy?
- What are the fundamental principles of a Comprehensive K-3 Reading Policy?
- How do you fund a K-3 Reading Policy?
- How do you get a K-3 Reading Policy Passed?
- What are the key components of an effective implementation K-3 Reading Policy?
- How do you communicate a K-3 Reading Policy?
Why should you enroll?
- Lessons come in convenient, self-paced modules to accommodate busy schedules.
- Course completers can receive a digital certificate that integrates with LinkedIn, as well as a printed version signed by members of ExcelinEd’s board of directors.
- Learn from the experts! The course features a variety of presenters from across the education spectrum, including:
- Dale Erguiaga, Nevada’s Chief Strategy Officer and former Nevada State Superintendent of Public Instruction;
- Scott Laband, President of Colorado Succeeds;
- Honorable Barbara O’Brien, Former Lieutenant Governor of Colorado;
- Richard Ross, former Ohio State Superintendent of Public Instruction;
- Ralph Smith, Managing Director of Campaign for Grade-Level Reading; and
- Carey Wright, Mississippi State Superintendent of Education
What are EdPolicy Leaders Online participants saying?
Don’t just take our word for it! Learn from course completers Shelly Larson and Lauren Heiger how EdPolicy Leaders Online is helping education reformers reach their goals.
How do I enroll?
Click here to start learning!