In the past month, ExcelinEd and Burning Glass Technologies have released three elements of Credentials Matter, a first-of-its-kind analysis that examines whether the credentials students earn align with real-world employer demand.
- CredentialsMatter.org, the most extensive data collection available on industry-recognized credentials earned in states.
- Credentials Matter: Report 1, an in-depth look at the analysis’s approach, findings and recommendations.
- Where Credentials Meet the Market, a second report examining state case studies on the effect of high school industry credentials on educational and labor market outcomes.
Here are highlights from the Credentials Matter conversation!
In the News
- Industry credentials earned in high school out of step with employer demand from Education Dive
- Examining high school student credential attainment compared to workforce demand from Fordham Institute’s Flypaper
- CTE credentials not matching employer requirements from K-12 Daily
— Yasmin Fallahkhair (@YasminFalla) June 5, 2019
— CAP K-12 Education (@EdProgress) June 6, 2019
.@Burning_Glass & @ExcelinEd report, Credentials Matter, confirms the information and data on the effectiveness of #credentials is extremely limited in most states, if it even exists at all.#educationhttps://t.co/UEIcAuSPTq
— WorkingNation (@WorkingNation) June 4, 2019
“Not a single state has industry credentials that are -highly aligned’ with the job market and more than 20 states don’t collect data to know how they align with what employers want or need.” – new #credentials report from @Burning_Glass and @ExcelinEd https://t.co/PGw8bBjKyE
— Avery Newton, Ph.D. (@avery523) May 29, 2019
On the Blog
If you’re looking for more reading, check out these great reads from the ExcelinEd blog!
- Why Do Credentials Matter?
- How do credentials meet the market in Florida, Indiana and Kentucky?
- 5 types of credentials: What are they and what is their value?
- How Can States Make Better Use of Industry-Recognized Credentials?
About Credentials Matter
Credentials Matter is an ongoing research partnership between ExcelinEd and Burning Glass Technologies designed to shed light on the landscape of industry credential data collection and alignment across the country. The project provides insight into how industry credentials earned by high school students align with workforce demand in each state to inform education system improvements and state data collection practices. Visit ExcelinEd.org/CredentialsMatter for more information.