ExcelinEd’s Career and Technical Education playbook series and Perkins V brief offer specific steps to help states improve learning and outcomes for their students.
Visit our College & Career Pathways policy page for more information.
CTE Playbook Series
States have new flexibility in creating and implementing CTE programs thanks to the reauthorization of the Perkins Act in 2018. Now ExcelinEd’s new CTE playbook series can help states use this flexibility to ensure their CTE programs prepare students for success. Three playbooks in the five-part series are available below.
CTE Playbook Series: Resources & Templates
Perkins V Brief
ExcelinEd’s brief Perkins V Reauthorization: Opportunities, Challenges and Risks for States identifies eight shifts Perkins V makes that present critical decision points for states pursuing high-quality CTE programs.
Perkins V Brief: Blog Series
- #AskExcelinEd About the Perkins V Reauthorization
- #AskExcelinEd: How does Perkins V emphasize early college opportunities?
- #AskExcelinEd: What does Perkins V’s new Local Comprehensive Needs Assessment requirement mean for states?
- #AskExcelinEd: What does Perkins V mean for CTE accountability?
- #AskExcelinEd: How can states invest more in innovation through Perkins Reserve funds?