The unprecedented challenges of COVID-19 are affecting students, teachers and families across the nation. ExcelinEd is committed to serving education leaders and policymakers with timely and useful information so they can support students in the best ways possible.
The following map and database provide state-by-state updates on actions education systems have taken in response to COVID-19.
Information will be updated regularly. Please email Info@ExcelinEd.org with questions or corrections to data presented.
Hover over a state to view a state’s actions.
Explore the table to view actions by states.
Food Security: USDA has approved waivers from all 50 states, DC, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, enabling Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and National School Lunch Program Seamless Summer Option (SSO) sponsors to serve meals in a non-congregate setting and at school sites during school closures related to the coronavirus. See more information on food security: www.fns.usda.gov/disaster/pandemic/covid-19.
Signup to receive news and updates from ExcelinEd related to COVID-19.
Recent COVID-19 News and Blogs
- COVID-19 Education Innovations Solution Spotlight in New York, Florida and Free Internet Access
- COVID-19 Education Innovations: Solution Spotlights in New Jersey, Florida and Illinois
- #AskExcelinEd About Home-Based Learning Resources to Support Parents
- COVID-19 Education Innovations: Solution Spotlights in New York City, California and Hoonuit Meal Finder for States
- NEW: COVID-19 State Education Action Database